- Tag the code before you make the changes in the trunk, e.g. TAG_TRUNK_BEFORE_CHANGES. (If you have forgot to do the tagging, see how to do it at the end.)
cvs tag TAG_TRUNK_BEFORE_CHANGES
- Change the code.
- Tag the code after the changes in the trunk, e.g. TAG_TRUNK_AFTER_CHANGES.
cvs tag TAG_TRUNK_AFTER_CHANGES
- Check out the destination branch to which you want to merge the changes.
cvs update -r DESTINATION_BRANCH
- Merge the code.
cvs update -j TAG_TRUNK_BEFORE_CHANGES -j TAG_TRUNK_AFTER_CHANGES
Remember to put the before-changes tag before the after-changes tag.
- Verify the changes.
It is likely that you have not made a tag before checking in the code changes in the trunk. If so, you can check out the code before the changes by using the date (e.g. 2011-01-23 12:34:56). Then tag it. After that, update to the latest from the trunk and continue, i.e.
- cvs update -D2011.01.23.12.34.56
- cvs tag TAG_TRUNK_BEFORE_CHANGES
- cvs update -A
- cvs tag TAG_TRUNK_AFTER_CHANGES