- Right click on the desktop. Select New|Shortcut on the context menu.
- Input "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" (without the quotes) as the location of the shortcut. Choose a name for the icon, e.g. Lock Screen.
- After the shortcut is created on the desktop, you can change its icon by right click on it and select Properties, and click on the "Change Icon ..." button. Input "%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll" into the "Look for icons in this file" box and you can choose from hundreds of Windows' icons.
- Drag the icon to the Quick Launch bar. It will be copied there.
- Double click on our new Lock Screen icon on the desktop, or click on our new Lock Screen icon on the Quick Launch bar and the screen will be locked instantly.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Follow these steps: