That is because when TortoiseCVS checks out the file, it converts LF to CRLF for each line by default.
We can make TortoiseCVS stop this behavior by using an option during the checkout:
- On an Windows Explorer, right click and choose menu CVS Checkout...
- The TortoiseCVS - Checkout Module dialog is shown.
- Select the Options tab on the dialog.
- At the bottom, check the Use UNIX line endings checkbox.
- Continue the checkout process and the files will be checked out without the LF to CRLF conversion.